After observing and experiencing the amazing outcome of Bridging work many professionals want to learn more to incorporate into their own practice. We have several options—basic concepts, basic principles and advanced application. For those who want to fully immerse themselves into Bridging you can apply for an internship and certification.
Workshops 1 and 2 focus on underlying concepts of movement development and the Bridging Technique basics. Continuing education credits for Early Intervention, Occupational and Physical Therapy is available in the state of Illinois.
Bridging Applications Series is a set of four advanced workshop for professionals wanting to learn more advanced skills and concepts.. This series must be taken as a group.
Internship and Certification are the next steps in adding Bridging to your professional skills.
Workshop 1: Birth Impacts on Regulation
Complete Details Kinetic Workshop BirthImpact 2017
- Understand the underlying physical principles of regulation and development and how they impact learning and day-to-day functioning in the birth to age three population.
- Learn about key physiological transitions that occur during birth and how they relate to the underlying physical principles of regulation.
- Learn about common pregnancy and birth complications that impact the development of regulation.
- Learn three foundational pre-natal movements that support regulation and understand their relationship to breathing and sensory processing.
- Learn specific family-centered strategies for improving regulation in infants and toddlers and how to select the appropriate strategy based on each client’s history, presentation, and goals.
- Learn how to assess the three foundational pre-natal movements essential to regulation.
Workshop 2: Bridging® Basics: Pediatric Focus
Complete Details Kinetic Workshop Bridging 2017
- Learn ten common birth attributes related to birth to age three development delays affecting 35-40% of all births.
- Learn to assess six movement fundamentals supporting birth to age three developmental transitions.
- Learn principles of the Kinetic Bridging® technique and application strategies to quickly close developmental gaps. The focus will relate to the ten birth attributes related to delays.
- Learn the neurobiology and biophysics principles related to Kinetic Bridging® changes.
Kinetic Bridging Application
Pre-requisites: Workshops 1 and 2. The following must be taken in sequence.
Dates for Fall 2017 forthcoming.
Part 1 Movement Differentiation and Restoration
- Core-limb integration and transitions
- Diaphragm—The Great Movement Connector!
- Fractures and Common Impacts to Movement
Part 2 Movement and Breathing
- Breathing transition at birth
- Breathing mechanics
- Incorrect breathing strategies and how to correct
Part 3 Multi-system Interactions with Movement
- Movement support for Circulatory system
- Movement support to Lymphatic system
- Movement and the Digestive system
Part 4 Sensory-Motor Integration
- Integration of Vision and Movement
- Integration of Vestibular Control on Movement
- Differentiating Vestibular and Visual Dysfunction